Today is my sweethearts birthday….
This year he’s turning the ripe old age of 32.
Because I love lists, and I love him, I thought making a list of things I love about him, might be an appropriate thing to do…
1. I love how you come home from work, empty your pockets, and you have post it notes with random notes on them, and later when I ask you them, you can’t for the life of you figure out why they are important.
2.I love that you bought this song from Itunes, and that you like it too:
3.I love that during the delivery of our children, you were so nervous, and sweet, and excited. And right by my side the whole time.
4. I love how when you’re hungry, you totally cook or make food for yourself, even if it is only a bowl of cereal.
6. I love that you don’t care about the sprinkling system, but knew I cared. So you did it. And it wasn’t easy. And it wasn’t cheap. But you did it anyways.
7. I love that you love to find toys from your childhood, Construx, GI Joes, and play them with the boys.
8. I love that you never complain about being the Children’s Favorite Parent. Even thought I know it’s not always the easiest thing! ( I want daddy to read to me tonight, no I want daddy to read to me! No me! No me!) Not even when they’re both constantly hanging on you…
9. I love that you no longer have an appendix, and that you had to have it out 2 weeks before Truman was born, making me feel like I was going into Labor.
10. I love that you likes Licorice, but not just any licorice, it’s a certain kind, and one of these days, I am going to remember which kind it is. I think red Twizzlers. But I get it wrong everytime. So don’t quote me on that one, but just know, I know that you love some kind of red licorice….. and once I figure it out, I am going to write it down.
11. I love that you are currently reading 7 books. Similtaniously. And that you enjoy a good read, when you can find time for it.
12. I love how every once in awhile you talk in your sleep, and sometimes it’s in Albanian.
13. I love that you love breakfast, but not just any breakfast, a good breakfast.
14. The sound of water. You love it, and find it therapeutic, and want to live someplace close to water for the rest of our lives.
15. You are my Tech support, and a majority of our families too. I love that you are so willing to share this talent with so many people.
16. I love how wild and crazy you are… like when your out late playing strategy board games, like Settlers of Catan. Out of Control I know, but honestly, what’s not to love about that?
17. I love that even though I can’t match your socks (And sometimes I accidentally match the navy ones to the black ones), you don’t ever complain, and just fix it, matching them up right, with out saying a word.
18. Growing up in Idaho Rural Community has done wonders for your love for the state, and how you can belt out the Idaho State song like no ones business.
19. I love that I am married to the real Napolean Dynamite. As you were the original, signing the rose song, and all.
20. I love the fact that you heart Drupal, and that you are a Photoshop wiz. If you don’t know how to do it, you find a free tutorial, and teach yourself how. Amazing, I always just get flustered by those Tutorials. Not you.
21. I love the way you happily walk in the door every day from work. Greet all of us with a smile, and tell us all that you missed us. Everyday.
22. I love that you can flip channels like no one’s business. And when we’re anywhere where there is more than 10 channels, you don’t stop to watch a show, but just flip, flip, flip.
23. I love that you are the best father any kid could want. You even built them a rad treehouse for heaven sakes!
24. I love how you’re always willing to go get food for me when I am pregnant, anything that will sound good, even if it’s a pain!
25. I love that you love Mac Computers. And have converted me, completely. (And that you like the commercials too–)
26. I love that you go by Toph and not Chris. You are Toph or Topher. I love that.
27. I love that one of your goals in life, is knowing where the Lord wants you to be. With work, with family, with church. Everything. I really love that.
28. I love that in your closet, you have all neutral earth colors.
29. I love that you have such kissable lips.
30. I love that sometimes you get up with the kids in the middle of the night, but have forgotten about it by the morning.
31. I love that you could careless about the acolades of the world. You do things because they are goals, or because they need to be done. not for any recognition.
32. I love that everytime you see this video, you fall over laughing. ‘Cause you think it’s so funny.
Happy Birthday Toph, I love you,
Even if you just keep getting older and older 🙂
What is not to love. Have a wonderful day sweetheart, I LOVE YOU!
4 replies on “Happy Birthday to you, you old man you!”
Thank you so much sweet hubba-
1st choice- Chocolate Twizzlers
2nd choice (right up there)- Red Vines
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTOPHER. I hope you have a great one. Emily Ann that was such a great tribute.
That is without question one of the best posts I’ve ever seen. I agree that Toph is the man. Happy Birthday brother.
[…] birthday list tradition […]